What is biotechnology?
When science meets technology, you can be assured something good is coming your way. Biotechnology is a branch of science that uses organisms or cells to generate products that can benefit humanity. While individually, both science and engineering disciplines work wonders, together, they can be used to develop products that can help the lives of humans and the planet.
Why is biotechnology gaining popularity?
The desire to be better has often led to innovations that have helped humanity. Over time, advances have increased animal and plant production. However, biotechnology can assist with pressing concerns regarding environmental pollution, climate change, and the growing needs of an increasing population. Biotechnology can be helpful in the following areas:
• Develop genetically modified plants –While traditional farming has benefits, you cannot control pests, pathogens, or environmental conditions. These factors can result in bad results creating a shortage of food. However, with the help of biotechnology, you can incorporate the plant with a defense mechanism that can protect the plant from insects without using chemical pesticides. (Bt cotton, corn, and transgenic brinjal, having Bacillus thuringiensis gene). GMO crops with increased shelf life (FlavrSavr, genetically modified tomato with gene from Arabidopsis thaliana) and disease resistance (transgenic banana, resistant to fusarium wilt) are becoming common. We provide help in all GMO crops-related biotechnology assignments here.
• Development of various vaccines – New diseases are developing, requiring scientists to create unique solutions to tackle them. For example, the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is one of the many pathogens of concern that has caused widespread panic. However, biotechnological advances have made it possible to reduce the incidence of severity thanks to the different vaccines developed by various pharmaceutical companies. We provide help in all vaccine science-related biotechnology assignments here.
• Helping clean the environment – Pollution is one of the leading causes of concern. Biotechnology advances can be used to develop a more environment-friendly manufacturing process. Additionally, it can help reduce chemical pollution and clean ground and water pollution. For example, several microbes have been used to clean up massive oil spills in water bodies. Novel enzymes can create plastic-degrading bacteria, improving soil and water problems. We provide tutoring help as well as assignment help in advanced biotechnology here.
• Catching the bad guys – Forensic applications of biotechnology have found tremendous usage today. The biological evidence can be better analyzed by using the advances made in the biotechnological field to assist criminal investigators in nailing down the culprit. Since the genetic makeup of every individual is unique, an investigation of genomic information can easily help the legal system capture criminals. Get forensic science homework and assignment help from our biotechnology experts here.
Why do students need biotechnology homework help?
While the topic is fascinating, many students who take up a course in biotechnology find it challenging to grasp the novelty of the concepts. In addition, completing assignments on a topic that has not been understood well can be difficult. As a result, many students seek professional assistance for biotechnology homework help to help them score good grades.
Practical work, assignments, and projects form a part of the curriculum. Students dabbling with jobs and studies simultaneously might not have the time to complete their tasks on time. Instead of facing the professor’s ire for not submitting the assignment or losing marks, students often hire tutors for biotechnology assignment help.
FAQs regarding biotechnology
1. What is biotechnology?
The field of science uses genetic engineering to modify plants, animals, or microbes.
2. What are my options after a degree in biotechnology?
Apart from clinical research, teaching, and lab technician, other career options available to people having a degree in biotechnology include positions in quality control, sales &marketing, manufacturing & production, information system, and regulatory affair.
3. What are some applications of biotechnology?
Biotechnology can be applied in various sectors, including therapeutics, agriculture, diagnostics, energy production, bioremediation, processed food, waste treatment, biofuel production, etc.
4. What are some of the topics studied in biotechnology?
Popular research areas and topics studied in biotechnology include nanobiotechnology, genetic engineering, drug discovery, diagnostics, cancer biotechnology, cell, and molecular biology, etc.
5. Why should I choose to study biotechnology?
Biotechnology is an excellent option if you are interested in science but do not wish to pursue a career in medicine. For example, you can use the techniques learned for altering genetic information to pursue a career in the pharmaceutical industry, forensic sciences, agricultural industry, etc.
6. What starting salary can I expect after a degree in biotechnology?
Biotechnology opens lots of opportunities for students in various locations and industries. As a result, there is a massive demand for skilled entry-level positions, earning a salary of around $40,000 per year as a laboratory assistant.
7. What laboratory techniques will I become familiar with in biotechnology?
Apart from calibrating laboratory instruments and using the microscope, other laboratory techniques that are a part of the biotechnology curriculum include DNA, RNA, and plasmid isolation, the transformation of bacteria with recombinant plasmids, restriction enzyme mapping, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Northern and Southern blotting, etc.
8. What topics are covered in biotechnology?
Biotechnology covers genetics, microbial physiology, biochemistry, virology, food microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, clinical microbiology, ecology, solid waste management, biofertilizers, biopesticides, etc.
Biotechnology Homework Help
Biotechnology, as the name specifies, is an amalgamation of biology and technology. It is a branch of science that uses technological advances to decipher the functioning of living organisms. Biotechnology helps develop industrially relevant products that may benefit various sectors, including medicine, healthcare, the environment, biofuel, etc. In addition, with the help of the latest technology, biotechnology can help improve the quality of life for patients suffering from genetic disorders.
Biotechnology Assignment Help
Biotechnology is an advanced field of biology that can help provide food and nourishment to the world through various innovations. It is a very enriching, slightly tricky subject that originated in ancient times when people produced bread and cheese using yeast. The subject requires a high level of concentration to understand the concepts. If a person is looking forward to a career in the biotechnology field, it is essential to go through all the little details. However, it becomes difficult to understand all the available material provided during lectures. With the help of biotechnology experts who are easily accessible, you can complete your biotechnology homework help on time. With their assistance, you can quickly get accurate biotechnology assignment help. When applied practically, a deep understanding of the subject can help provide humans with a better quality of life while increasing diversity on the earth.
History of Biotechnology
Biotechnology is divided into three types based on its time of origin.
1. Ancient biotechnology: This period is from prehistoric to the 1800s. The first-ever microbe discovered by humans was yeast, from which bread and cheese were first produced around 7000 BCE. Ancient China and Egypt used yeast to form beer, wine, and cheese. Earlier rennet enzyme utilized to make cheese was obtained from calves’ stomachs. Edward Jenner discovered the vaccine for smallpox in the late 1790s.
2. Classical biotechnology: It was the era (1800 to 1945) when biotechnology became a separate field of Biology. In 1919, Karl Ereky coined the term biotechnology. It is considered a crucial period in this field when humans made many discoveries, including penicillin production. Knowledge about the DNA structure played a vital role in genetic engineering, which is now a different field of study. Developing techniques that could allow DNA manipulations were highly beneficial to humanity, especially in agriculture and medicine.
3. Modern biotechnology: This Era started in 1945 and continues. Though riddled with two world wars, the speed of discoveries was enormous. These inventions include biosensors MOSFET, stem cell growth, cloning, genetic engineering, 3D bioprinter, synthetic antibiotics, vaccination, livestock artificial insemination, artificial chromosome creation, etc. These inventions have led people to have a good life.
Biotechnology is a significant and vast discipline and is an amalgamation of other basic fields. For example, it involves cell biology, animal biotechnology, plant biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, DNA Sequencing, bioinformatics, and biomedical sciences. Hence it requires a lot of hard work to understand the concepts. Therefore, students might need biotechnology homework help to grasp the nuances of this relatively new subject.
Applications of Biotechnology
The use of technology to produce industrially relevant biologicals and chemicals finds its application in various industries. These include agriculture, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, energy production, bioremediation, etc. Therefore, there is no wonder a huge demand for experienced and skilled biotechnologists. The different ways in which biotechnology has transformed the world include the following:
Green revolution – It has helped reduce the food shortage globally by using genetically modified plants with improved yield, higher tolerance to adverse conditions, including biotic and abiotic stress, better nutritional aspects, pest-resistant plants, etc.
Genetically engineered pharmaceuticals – These had helped reduce allergic reactions in humans compared to when they were administered enzymes and proteins developed in animal models,
Gene therapy – Provides a new ray of hope to people suffering from incurable genetic disorders. Altering the defective gene and replacing it with a functional copy can help improve patients’ quality of life.
Molecular diagnostics – Now, identifying pathogens that cause havoc worldwide is possible in a reduced time frame with improved accuracy. In addition, diagnosis has become easier and faster with the development of better diagnostic techniques like ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay), RIA (radioimmunoassay), PCR (polymerase chain reaction), etc.
Bioremediation – Tackling pollution, both soil and water, that can harm the microflora of the earth is essential. Pollution causes a cataclysmic effect which can be reduced by using microbes altered using technology to improve their potential for bioremediation.
Modern biotechnology products
Transgenic animals: Animals can be modified using biotechnology techniques pigs can be used as a host to develop human organs; transgenic goats can yield plasminogen in their milk. Similarly, a transgenic sheep can produce blood clotting factor VIII.
Antisense therapy: It is used to keep some genes silent.
Drugs: Synthesis of tissue plasminogen activator, erythropoietin, clotting factor 8, lung surfactant proteins, and epidermal growth factor are done by Recombinant DNA technology.
Interferon: These are glycoproteins in nature that help in the synthesis of antiviral inhibition factors. They are prepared by injecting a culture of lymphocytes and fibroblasts with viruses to induce interferon production in the exposed and adjoining cells.
Insulin synthesis: it is an essential pancreatic hormone that is required for glucose-glycogen balance. The easiest method to prepare insulin is to take insulin from a healthy candidate friend from that human leucocyte to prepare recombinant insulin.
Transgenic crops: Now, there are almost several crops that are genetically modified to increase the yield to improve resistance to herbicides and pesticides, for example, BT corn, Golden rice with vitamin A, potato with an increased amount of protein, etc.
Opportunities for biotechnology students
Students in this field of science can find themselves in much demand. Various industries, including food technology, pharmaceutical, environment science, etc., are looking for biotechnology experts to help develop a better world. The different career options available to biotechnology students include:
Healthcare sector – Students with experience in medical biotechnology can work in diagnostic laboratories and hospitals. Apart from this, companies involved in developing diagnostic kits, medical machinery, food safety organization, etc., are looking for people trained and experienced in the field.
Pharmaceutic sector – Biotechnologists can help drug development treat existing and emerging disorders, and develop monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, and other therapeutic techniques.
Agriculture – Plant biotechnologists can help develop and test different genetically modified crops that can eradicate the food problem in the world. By incorporating genes from microbes in plants, they can build disease and stress-resistant plants. Tissue culture can also be used to conserve endangered plant species.
Food industry – With more and more people switching to canned and packaged food, there is a considerable requirement for experts in food biotech to develop preservation techniques to prolong the life of preserved food without compromising on the nutrients. Quality control and regulation are some areas where biotechnologists may find applications.
Apart from these, research and teaching in government and private organizations is another career option for biotechnologists.
How can we help you?
Biotechnology students are often confused or intimidated by the vast scope and knowledge associated with the subject. This may result in a mental block which can cause them to seek biotechnology project help from experts. However, getting guidance from your teachers when you need it is not always possible. We at onlinecollegehomeworkhelp.com understand your requirements and provide accurate and timely assistance for biotechnology homework help. Here is why you can trust us when it comes to clearing your concepts or helping you with your assignments:
Accuracy: Our highly qualified teams of experts always provide 100% accuracy in your Biotechnology subject. When you seek biotechnology assignment help, you get assistance in answering all subject-related questions, including making charts, figures, and detailed reports.
Get Intense Analysis: Our experts provide an in-depth analysis of various aspects of biotechnology. With biotechnology assignment help, all your difficult questions related to the subject are quickly answered by our expert tutors while clearing your concepts of the subject.
Get Preparation For Examination: Our tutors are also available to assist you in your examination preparation. You can resolve all your queries regarding biotechnology sample questions so that you can effortlessly solve the paper without any problems.
Affordable: We charge a very reasonable fee for helping with your biotechnology project help. The prices are very affordable for resolving any of your biotechnology-related queries.
In-Depth Study: Our experts can help you provide a deep understanding of the subject with comprehensive study formats. The subject specialists help you gain enough information about the Biotechnology subject to get good grades.
We are your best option if you are looking for experienced tutors to help you with biotechnology assignment help.
Biotechnology Homework HelpBiotechnology Homework Help With Fast Responses By Our Experts
Biotechnology is a subject that is an essential part of medicinal education, and when we say Biotechnology, then such a Biotechnical word comes to our mind first. Biotechnology is very useful in different biology and science segments because all the tasks are solved keeping Biotechnology in mind. Here we provide biotechnology-related services like one-to-one tutoring and assignment help to clear all your doubts about biotechnology subject.